- North America
With the plan to spend a girl’s weekend with my teenage daughter, we ended up in Rotterdam for two short days. We arrived in Amsterdam, grabbed a rental car and headed into town for a short lunch break. The shopping time in Rotterdam called, so we left quickly. In my post, I will tell you which clothes shops are perfect for plus size.
Today is a nice day!
Sunday and the shops are open. Yay! We start the day at Café Dudok, which is in the center of Rotterdam and around the corner from sales passages. Stuffed from a delicious brunch, we set out to explore the city center and the opportunities for plus size shopping.
Well-known stores catch my eye like C&A and H&M. Both have a large plus size department, which I am not used to from Switzerland. Even if you are probably already familiar with this assortment, looking can’t hurt.
I can recommend the following shops:
- River Island: available all over Holland and online. There’s not much to find in the big sizes in Rotterdam. But if you end up here, check also the accessories.
- Ulla Popken: I don't think I want to go in there because of the age (I feel way too young), so let's go to the next shop.
- Zizzi: found in the Alexandrium Shopping Centre. True to the slogan "We looove curves", Zizzi has a lot to offer in plus size
- Ms.mode: my favorite! I found shorts, shirts, dresses and lots of things there ...
- Primark: they say they have plus size. But oddly enough it’s all sold out whenever I’m there.
All of the above stores have branches across the country. It’s worth to stop elsewhere too.
When you've had enough of shopping and it's almost time to eat again…
... then the market hall can be found within walking distance of all the clothes. A culinary journey through kitchens from all over the world awaits you here. On top of the food stands you can end your day with a drink in your hand.
Three things you need to do while in Rotterdam
- - The well-known cube houses, an interesting architectural project, are located opposite the market hall.
- - City tour on foot. Rotterdam is flat and not too big, ideal for a walk. For example, along the water to the “Oude Haven”, the beautiful old harbour.
- - Eat in the Fenix Food Factory. Armed with a board we were given, food is at a fixed price at different stalls. Sit outside and enjoy the view of the harbour.
Shop your perfect travel tee
Show off your wanderlust, at home or on the road, while you dream of your next triumph: discovering an amazing little pastry shop… finding the perfect travel T-shirt (the kind you really miss on laundry day!)… fitting everything into your travel bag on the first try. Whatever journey you can dream up next, you know it will be good. Because an adventure always awaits, just around the corner.